Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Breathing the Heights and Depths

Breathing down to the depths and up to the heights. The pause after the exhale is the calm bottom of the ocean, and the pause after the inhale is the energy of the steepest climb. 

When I want to feel a certain way I follow my breath. I never want to forget about breathing, though in my dreams I forget. As a child I had a recurring dream of being able to breathe underwater and still now, I daydream of this ability. To be able to breathe everywhere, now that is a dream. To be able to breathe with ease at the highest elevations and at the bottom of the ocean. Breath is life and I want to breathe everywhere, on and on, forever. 

Life is so varied. There are gradations too numerous to count. Often we spend our time scurrying about the middle ground. Sometimes we run up and sometimes we sink down. When we are down it's usually different than it was the time before. There are treasures in the depths and paucity at the heights, and it's hard to know which is which, sometimes. 

We think people are running with us or sinking with us, but mostly we're middling along with people and when we go for the extremes it's alone. Once or twice or a few times we want to grab the wrist of someone in the middle and take them with us on a jaunt. 

Let's go, you and me. 

Dante's Peak, NBC News


No comments:

Post a Comment